Sunday, June 25, 2017

What the fancy RV sales brochures don't show you.

We have been camped at Gros Ventre for a week.  We love this place.  We have wide open campsites with nature all around us.  We have seen a cow moose and a bull moose right behind us.  A mule deer buck, still in velvet walks by every evening following the same trail.  He passed 20 feet ahead of us last night when I was walking the dogs.
This tank is called a Smart Tote.  I haven't seen it do a smart thing yet.  I handles the nasty job of dumping waste when you are not on full hookups.

The downside to this park is you don''t have full hookups meaning you lack water and a sewer connection at your site.  You have to dump waste at a dump station near the entrance and you have to fill water jugs and bring it back to fill the trailer holding tank.  It isn't a real big deal for me.  Some would pass a place like this by because of it though.  It is their loss.  You don't find the setting we have in full hookup parks.
Oops, a little spill there.

We will move on tomorrow, reluctantly.  The weather here has been beautiful with low 70s days and 40 degree nights.  I am glad I packed a huge blanket Darlie bought some time ago.  I call it the wooly mammoth hide.  The thing is over an inch thick.  I don't know what she was thinking buying a blanket like that for Florida.  We never could use it there.  But as we were loading up I remembered we  had it.  I put it in the trailer just in case we hit some real cool weather.  It has been my lifesaver this week.  Darlie loves the cold and sleeps with no covers while I am buried under the mammoth hide and two other blankets.  I hate to crawl out from under it in the morning.  Darlie won't let me set the heat above 50.
Cleaning up the spill.

I need to get the truck oil changed and have my exhaust brake checked.  It doesn't seem to be working.  We will head over to Idaho Falls to a Ford dealer there.  We reserved a couple of nights in Dillon, MT for this next weekend.  There is an old ghost town there that is now a state park.  The town is called Bannack.  It used to be the capitol of Montana back in the 1860.  From what I read the buildings are in remarkably good condition so you can walk through them.  We may head up into Canada after that and make our way back east.  We may spend some time around Lake Superior before heading back south.  It will be hard to face that heat and humidity again though.


No comments:

Post a Comment