Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Got on the road just about 9:00am.  I dumped our tanks in the Hermann City Campground before we left.  The dump station tank was filled to the top.  I was afraid all my "stuff" wasn't going to go down.  What would I do then with a hose full of poop?  I waited patiently and it slowly took it.  I was worried for a few minutes.

Camped on the Missouri River just over the Nebraska line tonight.  It was a very long hot day.  We left Florida looking for cooler weather but we haven't found it yet.  We are in a State Recreation Area tonight.  It is primitive but there is electric hook up.  I am glad for that because it would be a very uncomfortable night without it.
Missouri River

We left Hermann just in time from the weather report we are getting from our friends in Bellflower.  They are expecting severe thunderstorms tonight with possible hail.  I hope they get the much needed rain but no hail.  That would be very bad indeed.

We had a small problem tonight when we pulled in here.  I reversed my Hensley hitch.  I know you have no idea what that means but it is a pain to fix.  I basically have to disassemble the hitch and reinstall it.  It was a  nice hot greasy job but it is done.  Now I just hope it is adjusted properly.  If not the trailer will not pull right.

A guy from Oregon pulled in here tonight.  He spent last night in Casper, WY area.  They had sever wind storms all night.  He had to move his RV for fear it was going to flip over.  He said portions of the interstate were shut down too due to the wind.  I guess it gusted up to 70mph.  The place we are in tonight had a sever thunderstorm early this morning with very high wind.  Many limbs are lying around.  We had to move some off our site to park.  We parked far enough from the trees that they wouldn't fall on us if there is another storm.  They are cotton wood trees which are very brittle and split easily.
Telling fish tales
This recreation area has a very busy boat ramp.  Everyone is out fishing for flathead catfish.  According to the guy in the photo above they run over 100 pounds in the Missouri River.  He had a photo of a large one he caught recently.  I asked him how many he had today.  He said he threw them all back.   Likely story.

We will head up towards Scotts Bluff, NE tomorrow.   We probably won't drive as long as we did today so will probably stop well short of there.  We aren't in a hurry.

Not a very interesting day but that's how some are.  See you tomorrow good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment