Sunday, May 16, 2010

Contentment Is An Inside Job

Our message today came to us at Calvary Baptist Church.  The pastor started what is to be a three part series on contentment.  I wish I was going to be around to hear all of it.  So many people are living their lives without contentment even though they pursue all their desires and pleasures.  The problem is they have made the wrong things the priority.  Seek as they will, they will never be content.

1.  Choosing pleasure over relationships leads to discontent.
2.  Choosing money over meaning in life will lead to dissatisfaction.  God's plans give meaning to life.
3.  Choosing status over security will keep you discontent.   Always trying to impress others and win their approval leads to discontent.  Seek security in who God says you are.

It was a very good sermon.

The day has turned out to be sunny and humid.  All of our neighbors packed up and left.  I hope we didn't do something to drive them away.  Just kidding.  I guess they had enough of the rain and just wanted to get home.   We have the whole place to ourselves now.  The only sounds you hear are the birds.

We are ready to move on.  We have been here long enough.  I just hope the fan they ordered is the right one and that it is here on time.

There are many things I like about a Class A MH but there are also things I don't.  The biggest thing is having to disconnect everything and pack it all up to go somewhere.  Yes, we could tow a vehicle behind.  But when I think back to some of the places I had to pull into to get gas and then do some maneuvering and backing to get out, I don't like that option.  I think you would have to unhook your tow quite often.  I could be wrong.  Lots of people are towing vehicles behind.  I like the option to be able to back up when I want.

Most of the campers in the park are 5th wheels.  I think if I was going to do this again I would go that route.  But you don't know until you try it.  This will probably be the last trip like this anyhow so it is a mute point.

It's a beautiful day but I am antsy.  I want to move on.  Darlie is reading a book and I am thinking about a nap.

1 comment:

  1. When I was reading this and got to the place where everyone is packed up and out of there; and the only sounds you hear are "MISKITOS" LOL

    ReplyDelete