Monday, May 24, 2010

Cold!

This morning the outside temperature is 33.  Inside was 55 when I got up.  I let the heat run a few minutes to take off the chill .  The local forecast is calling for 20% chance of snow today.  This is a bit cooler than I was hoping for.

Darlie is still sacked out.  I will have to get her up in a few minutes so we can get to the train on time.  I am rethinking that open gondola train car now.  I should have been more insistent on a closed car.  I think we will be as frozen as two mackerels on ice when we get back.

Both of us have been suffering from allergies since we got in the dusty area.  Many things are blooming also.  George Stapp lent us an air purifier before we left home.  I have it running all night and by morning it seems much better in here.  As the day warms up and we open the windows, we are back to sneezing and runny noses.  At least we get a reprieve when we sleep.  It is 6:30 AM so I had better wake Darlie.

1 comment:

  1. I have been having a problem trying to post a comment, but I just noticed this option and so I'll try it. Hope you both warm up a bit and we do miss you. I tried to call Pete Jr but the line is disconnected. Love and prayers from Tom and Jan

    ReplyDelete