Monday, June 13, 2011

Been Resting

This is our third day in Shelby, MT.  I am trying to recover from my cold.  Darlie thought I should see a doctor before we head into Canada so I went to the local hospital clinic today.  The doctor prescribed a zpac antibiotic.  I am willing to try anything at this point.  They say I should see a difference by tomorrow.  I sure hope so.
Shelby, MT (Do you see the old bread truck?)


Shelby is a quaint little western town.  The main street looks like the little town I grew up in.  All the local businesses are thriving and busy.  No Walmart here to suck the village dry.  We stopped into the Northtown Drugstore to fill my prescription.  They treated us like we were old friends.  I sure do miss the small town friendliness.  People love to take a minute to chat.  No one seems to be in a big rush.  The little store looked like one from the 50s.  They even had a section for animals where you could get meds for your horse or cow.
Not a very good photo but you get the idea


We will spend one more night in the municipal campground.  In the morning, if I am feeling better, we will cross into Canada.  We have to get rid of all our fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products and meat.  We have a bunch of things in the freezer that we brought from home.  We are hoping they don't make us dump the contents.  We have quite a bit of frozen meat and seafood in there.

I stopped in the Wells Fargo bank this morning to exchange some money.  It cost me $640 US to get $600 Canadian. The old green back isn't what it used to be.  The young lady that waited on me said she has had several folks stop in the past few days who were on their way to Alaska.  Hopefully, we will join the parade tomorrow.

We have got company.  The campground is rapidly filling up with motorhomes.  Everyone says they are headed to Alaska.  Looks like the season is kicking in.  I wish I could have gotten up there sooner to beat some of the rush but I wasn't up to it.  Feeling better tonight.  I will be ready to go in the morning.  I'm not sure how our mifi will work up there so don't worry if you don't hear from us for a few days.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds just fine yo me Pete and Darlie. I hope you can see this comment. I follow your blog daily and really enjoy your posts. I pray all will be well with your adventure.

    Tom T

    ReplyDelete