Saturday, July 8, 2017

Heading Home

We left Perry's RV park this morning.  We enjoyed our stay there even though we had to wait for a part for the hitch.  The owners were very nice people.  They held a spot open for us until they knew we had all our repairs made.  I would stay there again.  The park has many sites along Rock Creek.  The creek is a very vigorous flowing stream this time of year with all the snow melt.  Our campsite was not near the stream.  I don't sleep well in deep valleys with streams.  Too many times there have been flash floods during the night.  In some cases people have been swept away.

We hit the road playing one of our favorite gospel albums.  We seldom listen to music.  We like the peace and quiet but today we felt like some spiritual inspiration.  We sang along and felt so blessed to be able to do what we do.  It has been a blessing to see and do so many things the past few years.  God has been good to us.

We passed right by the Battle of the Little Big Horn Memorial.  You know, where Custer got sacked by all those Indians.  It is in the middle of the Crow Reservation which seems quite fitting.  Custer was not a nice guy.  His big head cost the lives of many good men.  I wanted to stop and tour the Memorial as I am a history buff now.  Darlie wasn't so eager to stop.  It was too hot to leave the dogs in the truck and she didn't want to spend the night nearby so I could go.  I was disappointed but maybe I will get this way again.

Our plan has been to take a loop around Colorado before heading back home.  We changed that plan today.  We are tired.  The dogs are tired.  We miss the comfort of home.  Buster hasn't been eating very well.   He has lost some weight.  He vomits a few times a week.  I think it is nerves.  I think he misses home too.  Last night the dogs got an unusual treat though.  A small herd of deer walked right through our campsite.  They went nuts.  What were these strange beasts.
Red Road

We traveled I-90 to I-25.  Eastern Wyoming is very BORING.  There is no nice scenery.  No buildings, cows or other animals just rolling dirt piles with scrawny brush on them.  It was hot too, 95 degrees.  No humidity like Florida though.

Tonight we are in Casper, WY.  We will try to make it home by next weekend.  It all depends on how long I feel like I can drive.  The plains are very boring too.  I wish I could put it on auto pilot and sleep across Kansas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment