Saturday, June 4, 2011

Another Nice Day

First, I have to say not all sites in this state park are like ours.  I took a walk around the campground today and found the sites at the far end were more what I would expect.  They were level and grass covered.  I have only myself to blame for selecting the one I have when I made my reservation.  Had I known there was such a large difference between sites I could have picked a better one.  There is no way to tell from the website when you make a reservation though.  This is really a beautiful park.  We are glad to have spent some time here.

Sand Dunes

We started our day with house cleaning again.  The dog does carry in a large quantity of dirt.  She is very good about having us wipe her feet and brush her down before she comes in.  She is a very good camper.  We can tell she is having the time of her life.  There are black squirrels and gray squirrels for her to bark at. If she could only run loose she would be chasing them all over the park.  Most areas of the park are off limits to animals.  I wish she could have gone down to the beach to play fetch.  She loves the water though she may have found Lake Michigan to be a bit cold.


The weather is very cool for me.  It is just right for Darlie.  It has been in the 60s all day with fog hanging over the water.  This afternoon a few rays of sunshine broke though.  Buddy and I sat in a sunny spot on our site trying to defrost.


Can You Spot A Petoskey Stone?

This Water Is Frigid

We Found A Petrified Cave Man On The Beach

We built a fire in the fire pit late in the day.  The heat felt really good.  As the sun was setting we walked down to the beach to take a photo of the sunset.  Tomorrow we will leave and head north over the Mackinaw Bridge.

Sunset Over Little Traverse Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment