Friday, August 12, 2011

Providence, Mount Carmel Hospital

The Bible says the steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord.  The only righteousness I possess is through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for my sins.

I feel we were divinely guided by the Lord to Providence, Mount Carmel Hospital.  This small rural hospital  is a state of the art facility.  They have the most advanced technology in use here.  This small hospital serves a vast rural area of northeastern Washington.  They are very proud of their hospital and have very good reason to be proud.

The staff is top notch.  Everyone has been most helpful and attentive.  The patient truly comes first.  There is a small town friendliness that goes with the place.  You feel at home and welcome.  We have never had a hospital experience like this one.
Darlie's favorite nurse.
My wife was seriously ill from a probably food poisoning.  I thought for a time I was going to lose her.  Dr. Nagrani and Dr Shannon did an excellent job in caring for her and ministering the proper medications for her rapid recovery.  The turn around in her condition has been amazing.  I do attribute that to the work of the Lord through the prayers of many who have brought her before the throne of God.  All wisdom and knowledge comes from above.  I thank the Lord for the wisdom and knowledge He has given each of her doctors and caregivers.

Buddy and I have been camped in the hospital parking lot.  This way I can be close to Darlie and visit Buddy frequently during the day.  She seems to know something has been wrong.  I can tell she misses Darlie.  She will be so excited to see her walk out of the hospital.

While I was eating my lunch yesterday, a deer walked right out next to the road and began munching grass.  I am told there are many village deer that happen by from time to time.  Colville is a very pleasant community.  The pace is easy going and friendly.

The possibility exists that Darlie will be discharged tomorrow.  We will take it easy for a week or so before working our way back towards home.  We both love this part of the country.  Of all the places we have visited, the northwest is our favorite.  We will be back this way again.  But as much as we have been pleased with Mount Carmel Hospital, we hope not to visit here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment