Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14, 2010

I was up early this morning.  There were songbirds singing before daylight.  As I sat drinking a cup of coffee and reading my Bible, a large pileated woodpecker landed on a tree outside my window.  He was only a few feet away.  I tried to get a photo but the flash reflected on the window so it didn't turn out.  The woodpecker didn't like it much either.

My phone rang a few minutes later.  It was Marla from Service Auto Air.  She wanted to know if I wanted to drive down and try something with the fan.  She wondered if a fan for a 454 Chevy engine would fit.  It sounded like a good idea so we unhooked and headed for Lafayette.

As it turned out, the Chevy fan was not as heavy duty as the one on my Workhorse chassis.  So we were back to square one.  Marla said she was dreaming about fan clutches all night and came up with this idea.  She put in the order for one from Workhorse but it won't be here until Monday.  We just hope they send the right one.


Ronnie told us about PreJean's restaurant.  He said they have good cajun food.  On our way back up to Chicot we stopped for dinner.  (yesterday I told you Chicot had a cot sound at the end but it should be "co" or Chicoe)  Anyhow, dinner was beyond description.  I had Crawfish Etouffee and Crawdad Pie with white rice.  Darlie had a Crawdad Enchilada with side dishes of wild rice and corn.  We stuffed ourselves shamelessly.  Cajun Cuisine: Authentic Cajun Recipes from Louisiana's Bayou Country

We stopped and picked up supplies enough for the weekend and headed back to Chicot.  We relaxed outside for awhile then took a bike ride until the bugs started attacking near dark.  We hurried back to the MH and took refuge inside.

Tomorrow I will share our expenses for our first week on the road.  I know some people wonder what it would cost to do this.  Until then..

No comments:

Post a Comment